Beth tagged me last week, here is my response:5. Sound Bites, Somerville. Seinfeld can keep his soup, I rather deal with the men at Sound Bites in Somerville. They serve a scrumptious and quick breakfast. There is usually a line out the door but as mention, it's a quick so the turnover is fast. You can also go in and get a cup of coffee to bring outside as you wait on line. Soundbites introduced me to the joy of a toasted muffin! Yum-my!
4. Rudy's, Somerville. Cheese and Margarita's: two of my favorite food groups. The Mexican food here is great and I especially like the cheese enchilada and guacamole tacos. A what? That's right, a taco filled with guacamole instead of meat, topped with all the usually toppings. I always thought I didn't like Margarita's until I had one at Rudy's. They come in a pint glass and are the perfect treat on a warm day.
3. Za, Arlington. Za as in pizZA. I've only eaten here twice but it is a great place to eat. They have really interesting pizza choices such as the mashed potato pizza I ate last time I was there. Feel like eating a little healthier? They also have an equally interesting assortment of salads.
2. Zaftigs Brookline, MA. It's no Ben's but it will do. The word Zaftig in Yiddish means juicy or plump and is usually used to describe a woman. What's more comforting than eating at a place that embraces a little junk in your trunk? Zaftig's is a Jewish/Kosher eatery in Brookline and is my favorite place to get a hot pastrami sandwich with a side of a potato pancakes. They also have an excellent brunch, but be prepared for a long wait to get a table.
1. Bagel Rising, Allston, MA. I've blogged about it before. I will blog about it again. I love this little place! They have great bagels and great sandwiches. The food is always super fresh and yummy. The guys that work there are angstful and artsy so they make the trip worth it for me! My favorite sandwich is the turkey-avocado club on a wheat bagel. The sandwich includes turkey, cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, onions and is topped with Russian dressing. It even comes with a tiny side of potato salad that hits the spot.
4 comments:
"A side of potato pancakes" - holy homesickness Batman! ;)
Ok, now I'm hungry.
I'll start working on my list for when I come back blogging.
you forgot to mention the hot owner!
Mmm cheese enchiladas at Ruby’s sounds yummy and with margaritas too!!! Zaftigs for a restaurant name sound weird…but the food sounds good..potato pancakes!!!
thanks for doing the tag..and hope you had fun!!!
Post a Comment