Monday, January 8, 2007

Huh?


I always look forward to a good fortune cookie. I love the taste of them and I love reading what they say inside. That was until recently when I received two very off fortunes in my cookies.

My first off-fortune came last month when I had dinner with Beth and Larry, it read: "These are your lucky SAT answers..." and listed a bunch of letters. What? I already took the SAT's! Perhaps this would have come in handy 10 years ago. What good is that fortune to me now? And that's not even a fortune, it's more like a statement!

Then last week my string of bad fortunes continued when I opened a cookie and it said "You may love the small ones but win the big ones." Again: What? Huh? I have no idea what that even means!

What happened to Confuciusisms (are they now copy written?) or motivational words telling me that hard work will pay off, or love is just around the corner. It seems my days of receiving a hopeful phophecy or a vague, thought provoking statement are long gone. I use to love opening fortune cookies! If this keeps up they are going to end up in the trash with the packets of spicy mustard and soy sauce.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Confuscious say girl who eat more cookie get more answer.

Alan said...

Do you know, I don't think I've ever had a fortune cookie...

Us Irish, we lead a somewhat deprived life.
:(

Anonymous said...

One time my sister got one that said, "You like Chinese food." How insightful is that?!

Mrs. Giovannini said...

Alan you're friends with Beth and have never had a fortune cookie?? I do think it's more of an American thing than a real Chinese thing anyway!

Alan said...

It's shocking, I know. I'm hoping she'll take it upon herself to sort me out. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, alright Alan, when I get back in March you're going to be force-fed the fortune cookies I bring with me! ;)